Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service involves stockpiling and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server handled by a hosting company. There are different kinds of hosting services used for various aims, so let's take a glimpse at these. Doing so, you can determine what you want, depending on whether you desire to have a blog, email address accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service furnished by some vendors, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file hosting services are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific spell of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally false explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would assign the load between independent bunches of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some firms provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is good if you wish to share a vast number of pics with buddies or partners since the service is commonly free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your mails. Some suppliers offer web page hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you would like to create an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can open e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will enable you to operate as many videos as you wish without worrying about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to own a website. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and email aliases, upload videos, etc. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that permit you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be limitations depending on the kind of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for specific content exclusively.